Friday, November 6, 2015

God Loves Us

Cari Tutti!

Happy November! I can't believe that November is already here! It sure
doesn't feel like it here! I still leave the house without a jacket
most of the time... which usually isn't good because it does get
chilly in the evening, but it still looks and feels like August or
September during the day!

Well, this week was a great week! We had a lot of fun, a lot of
spiritual experiences, and were able to see a lot of people! It was
great! For Halloween we ended up going to 2 activities! One on Friday
with the GANS (the YSL) and one on Saturday with the ward in Genova 2!
They both turned out great! Georgina came for the beginning of the one
Friday! Which was a huge surprise! Randomly last week she texted us
asking us how we were and said she has been busy with work and
school lately but was free the next week sometime. So we set up an
appointment to see her and she ended up working late, but still was
able to come to the activity later that night!! So that was neat! Then
on Saturday we had Rosio, Elizabetha and Chiara at the activity! We
also had a lesson with Rosio right before and talked about the
Restoration. She's really interested and really wants to search for
things for herself. Maria Jose is the member who invited her to
English class and she was able to be there for her, too. I just love
Maria Jose! She is so sweet! She is 19 and wants to serve a mission
sometime, too! She's going to be a great missionary!

The Halloween activity with the ward was CRAZY!! SO many people came!!
IT was so great!! So much fun!! We played a bunch of games and ate a
bunch of delicious food! The Anziani dressed up as a cowboy and a
pirate and Sorella Goethals and I wore butterfly headbands :) All the
kids thought it was funny that we were butterflies because Halloween
here is only associated with scary things....haha so I guess
butterflies weren't scary enough :)

This week we were also able to see Talia and get her reading in
the Book of Mormon. We have made a focus to read the Book of Mormon
with our investigators. I love it! I love helping them understand and
helping them get into the stories and experiences.

On Monday we saw Sorella Papallo. She's the one who we called before
the first appointment and said we were welcome to come but she wasn't
going to come to church. And then she just loved us because of how
many times we had to change the appointment. I just love her! She is
so bubbly and fun to be around!! She is just sooo nice to us and 
shows so much LOVE for us! She was cute and said that she felt a
connection with me right when I first talked to her on the phone. She
still has a testimony of the church but there have  been problems
that have happened in the past I guess, so hopefully we can help her
with that.

Yesterday we tried passing by Kerly, and she was home! Yay!!! We
haven't seen her since that first time we saw her. It was an amazing
lesson. We talked about the Restoration, and she was reminded of a lot
of stuff. She has forgotten a lot, but wants to learn and start with
everything again. She has been through a lot in her life and has done
a lot of different things,and she asked us a lot about repentance. She
truly wants to repent and be clean. She asked us if God really does
forgive any sin if we repent from the heart? It was such a neat
experience because I could say YES, completely sure that it was true.
God really does forgive anyone from anything!! He loves us soooo much
and just wants us to be clean so we can return to Him. What was even
more special was that even though I know that she's going to have to
repent and change her life, I could feel the Love that God and Jesus
Christ have for her. There is no resentment or judgment or holding
back. They love her 100% and are sooo happy that she WANTS to change
and come closer to Christ. I was able to share that love for her and
help her know that Christ is there with her all the way. I know that
that's how it is for EVERYONE. Christ loves us so much, and when we
desire to repent and come to Him he accepts and embraces us!

I'm so grateful that I was able to have that experience and 
feel the love that God has for each of us. As missionaries we are
called to teach the gospel and help others come unto Christ. We are
the ones that are supposed to help, but really I think the others
really help. Most of the time I feel like I'm the one being more
blessed in the situation. I get to feel the love from others and
really get to know them in their homes. I get to learn from them and
learn from the spirit as I teach and help others. I love it. We are so
blessed as missionaries!

Well, I hope everyone has a great week! :D Miracles happen everyday!
Make sure you look for them! Vi voglio bene!
Love,
Sorella Dixon
Beautiful sisters in beautiful Genoa



Halloween 2015 for Sorella Dixon


















Sorella Goethals making Sorella Dixon a Dutch dinner
Sausage, potatoes and carrots--cooked the Dutch way!

No comments:

Post a Comment